What is in the Grains ( cereals ) group?
- Grain foods are mostly made from wheat, oats, rice, rye, barley, millet, quinoa and corn. The different grains can be cooked and eaten whole, ground into flour to make a variety of cereal foods like bread, pasta and noodles, or made into ready-to-eat breakfast cereals.
- Breads - Wholemeal, wholegrain, white, rye, pita, lavash, naan, focaccia, crispbreads, damper
- Breakfast Cereals - Ready to eat, high fibre (wholegrain) oats, porridge, muesli, wholewheat biscuits
- Grains - Rice, barley, corn, polenta, buckwheat, spelt, millet, sorghum, triticale, rye, quinoa, semolina
- Other products - Pasta, noodles, English muffin, crumpet, rice cakes, couscous, bulgur, popcorn, flour.